Strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting has been mine and my sibling’s traditional birthday cake for as long as I can remember. I now make it for my girls, and they love it as well! While I love me some interesting cake and frosting combos, this simple cream cheese frosting will always be my favorite. Trust me on the pinch of salt, it balances all the sweet perfectly!
- 8 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese softened
- 8 tbsp Butter softened
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 cups Confectioners Sugar
- 1 tsp salt - trust me
- Cut your cream cheese and butter into quarters, and leave at room temperature with plastic wrap over it for about an hour, or until softened.
- Combine your butter, cream cheese, and vanilla extract with a hand mixer or stationary mixer.
- Add your salt, and mix some more.
- Gradually add your powdered sugar, and continue to mix until creamy.
- TADA! Now fight over who gets the beaters.