Easy Corn Dip
Years ago a friend of mine made this super easy corn dip that we could not stop eating. We made it regularly for a long time, then forgot it existed for a while, and I couldn’t remember exactly what all was in it. SO, after many attempts, I’ve finally accurately remembered the base ingredients and tweaked it enough that it’s even better than I remember. There are also apparently a million variations of this dip on the internet now, so I don’t think I was alone in this particular recipe discovery process. It’s one of those recipes someone’s Grandma brought to a family gathering, but never shared the exact ingredients type of things. I’m tellin’ ya, some generations were just super secretive about their recipes. Now, here we are, sharing our family favorites on the internet for the world 😊.
This is the perfect recipe to take to family gatherings, a bbq at a friend’s house, or just to make for your family to have on hand. We’re at the beach this weekend with friends, and this turned out to be the perfect in-between-meals beach snack.
Alright, if you make this super easy corn dip be sure and refrigerate it overnight if possible, or at least a few hours, but overnight is best. Also, it’s kind of a heavy dip, so thicker tortilla chips or fritos are best with it. It’s great on crackers, but make sure you have a little dip knife of spoon to serve it if you go that route. Squirrel Moment – Which reminds me of that yummy cream cheese with raspberry chipotle sauce dip on ritz crackers. I haven’t been able to find that sauce in years, I’m gonna have to see if I can and then tell y’all where to get it for your next gathering. So good! Alright, back to easy corn dip, here’s the recipe!
Easy Corn Dip
- 22 Ounces Mexi-Corn or Southwest Corn (corn, red peppers, green peppers) Add more depending on your preference.
- 8 Ounces Diced Green Chiles
- 1.5 Cups Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Mayo
- 12 Ounces Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Diced Onion
- 3 tbsp Diced Jalapeno Peppers (jarred)
- 1/2 tbsp Texas All Around Seasoning - optional (sugar, salt, paprika, granulated onion, black pepper, and red pepper.)
- 1 Bag Tortilla Chips, Fritos or Crackers
- Drain your green chilies and corn and throw 'em in a large bowl
- Add the rest of your ingredients to the bowl, and mix it all together!
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least a few hours
- Serve with chips, fritos or crackers